13 March 2012

All things pink and girly

This is a gift I've made ready for my sister-in-law for when her little bundle of joy makes an appearance into the world. (not until May but me being super organised again). Wanted give her something more personal and fun. I'm so excited as we're both due with little girls within 6 weeks of each other. So its lovely sharing everything together. I wanted to show photos of the nappy cake in stages as I don't think you get to se the full affect once its wrapped and in cellophane in a photo. So here it goes.

Bottom Tier

 Bottom and Middle Tier

 Top Tier


Above and below
The Nappy cake

 The nappy cake consists of approx 40 nappies, johnsons baby wash and lotion, blanket, top and trouser set, lullaby baby book and CD and a washcloth cupcake.
All wrapped up

I've decorated the cake using the blanket and top (its so cute reads "perfect just like mummy"), for bottom and top tier, using ribbon to tie the them into place but also to give a decorative finish. The middle tier I used my sizzix machine to cut out teddy bears and coloured using my pro markers to match in with colour theme (cream and pink). I attached the bears to a ribbon to go around the the nappies. I then sat for hours (well felt like it) but think its worth it curling, curling ribbon to go around the top edges of each tier. On the very top is the cupcake which is a washcloth in a cute dotty pink case with a organza pink bow on the top. I wrapped in cellophane, and decorated using a large ribbon bow, curling ribbon and a tag I made from an image and matt up using my nesties. I've used approx 200 ribbons altogether. Lost count after 150. I'm not sure if this counts for a challenge I've seen but hope it does. I'm to entering this into the following challenges
I hope you like. Been great fun making this.
Michelle xx




7 comments:

  1. Adorable! And a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous ... I'm sure she will be thrilled with this ... Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB ... and very best wishes to you and your SIL ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling project and gift! Beautifully soft colors with the "fluffy" white. Thanks for sharing your fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous and beautiful gift Michelle!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by.