20 December 2011

A First For A Steampunk Theme

 I've been feeling the need for quite some time to try a little 'steampunk' themed cards, so whilst I was at a recent craft fair I was inspired by the lady next to me ( Helen) who was into steampunk and made fab photo frames and jewellery and it set me off. So as it was her birthday on the Monday I decided to try out my first 'steampunk' card, and here it is:
I hope she liked it. I swopped a Christmas Tree Book for some vintage watch faces, springs, cogs etc with her and now I dont want to use them....lol - got stacks of paper because I dont want to use them - well they are all my favourites! So inspired by this I bought a CD full of images, backing paper etc so expect to see some more of this theme. I'm entering this card into the following challenge:
The Crafty Pad - Anything but Christmas
I've still got one more very important Christmas card to make - watch this space!
Jeanette

4 comments:

  1. this is great and love the image

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic and the image is fabulous:)Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card - great image and detail. :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)

    Debbie
    Merry Christmasxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanette I love this image and your style of Steam Punk is fab !! Thanks for playing along this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by.