13 June 2011

Wedding - Table Decorations

Here we have the top table decorations. I bought the "Mr & Mrs" letters from ebay. I got Blue to cut me a length of wood and glued the letters on so they were free standing. I then painted them in ivory, once dried I sanded down the edges of the letters to give it a shabby chic look, which cannot be seen from the photo. I scattered shells around to tie into our theme 'beach'. Unfortunately I wasn't that clever to make the "Just Married" garland, it was a present from mum. In the background is netting hanging. This I got from our local crafting scrapstore whilst getting bits for the boys to do some crafting. Mum and Terry did a great job at fixing star fishes and shells to it to have as a back drop behind the top table.

The guest tables all had buckets for our beach theme. I searched for hours, days and weeks to find just the right buckets and came across them at a florist wholesalers locally. I filled them with sand and scattered shells and pearls into the sand. I used battery operated tea lights (to keep the little ones safe) to give it a romantic feel. I used some black ribbon to go around the middle of bucket, using the computer I made the table names matted up with black card. I named all the tables after local beaches that we spend time as a family together. Also used the computer to make the guests place cards, these were matted up with black card and pegged onto the wine glasses using mini pegs I got from Hobbycraft and glued a shell to them. Hope you can see the fab favours mum made. This was a real mother and daughter team making and organising our wedding. Hope you like. Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping by.