7 August 2010

The Finish of the Wedding Cake


Phew, with only one week to the wedding the cake has finally been finished. I not happy with the advise the people in the cake shop gave me (or lack of it). First they said it doesn't matter whether you start at the top or bottom. Wrong, to me it does. Trust me if you are making a cake like this, always start at the bottom and work up. Allow plenty of time to build it up gradually. Secondly, they told me to put the non toxic glitter on the roses when they had dried. Wrong again. If you put the glitter on when the roses are dried it just falls off. So my advise is let them dry for a few hours but just before the go hard give them a light dusting. I guess what I've learnt from this is to go with my own instincts!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is lovely. You must be very pleased with it. You should change your name to Mr Kipling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wow and wow again! amazing!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by.